Monday, April 2, 2007

An unwanted vacation

For those of you keeping track, I'm on day 4 of immobility. Most people say that if this was meant to happen, it could not have happened at a better time. I'm off from school for over a week, the kids still have school/daycare and I can totally rest my foot. I disagree..there is never a good time for this to happen. The aircast they fit me with is heavy and uncomfortable and I still experience a good deal of pain. I look like a StarWars stormtrooper who lost one boot.

I've been pretty good about resting and have parked myself on the couch armed with books, the laptop, the phone and TV. What more can a gal want? Brian has been great taking care of the kids in ways I can't and adjusted his work schedule a bit so he can get them off to school in the morn.
My friends in the neighborhood have been amazing. My one friend took me to get my cast, when I couldn't get in touch with Brian when it happened. People have been bringing me dinners, offering to do my hair and have just been so super.

This past weekend was fairly boring to say the least. We did go out for dinner on Saturday night (the hell I'd give up on a babysitter!) and just adjusted where we went, I was able to be dropped off right at the restaurant and kept off my feet.

On Sunday Amy, Scott and the kids came down to visit. The kids had fun playing together. Sophie and Mason led a dancing session as the pictures show.


No comments: