Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

So today I was dropping the kids off at daycare and the director stopped me on my way in to let me know how funny my son is. She had gone in his room yesterday to try and talk up the 3-year old room and how much fun it was and that some of Mason's friends would be going there soon and that his friends would be leaving. All this in an attempt to "bribe" my boy to start thinking of using the potty. To this Mason told the director "I'll make new friends". She told me she nearly fell over laughing. At least she is finding the situation funny. From what I heard through other parents, they have a big push once the kids turn 3 to get them on the stick to start going on the potty since they can't move up to the next room until they are potty trained. I guess Mason told her.

Then, on my way to pick him up today I was informed by the teachers that Mason was bit in the back by one of his friends in an incident. The policy is the teachers are not allowed to tell parents who was the victim, or who did the biting..but we all know that at age 3 and up, kids talk. Mason promptly told me it was his friend Ernest who is Mason's best buddy there, who I am friends with his mom. His mom called me tonight so apologetic for the kid. It is so funny how we personalize the actions of our kids. I didn't even give it a second thought. Mason just is a kid you want to take a "nibble" at!

No comments: