Friday, June 13, 2008

and the Cheese Stands Alone

My sister has been having the same toilet training struggles as I have had lately. I have to admit, my sister had more reason to be frustrated. Brooke is over 3 and a-half, a girl and looked like she was going no where fast. Well, much to Amy's delight, something finally struck a chord with Brooke and she has been peeing on the potty for the past 2 days. That leaves Mason, alone in his diapers. Yea! for Amy, and I remain bitter and frustrated.

In other news of the week, I officially ended working yesterday. It was the last day of school, and it feels weird that I won't have a school to go to in August. I've definitely loved my schedule this year, working 2 days for the school and having 3 days with the business at home. Now I will be home 5 days a week. The nice part is I have a great relationship with the director of speech for the county and she let me know there will be per diem work if I want to pick up a day here or there, on my schedule.

I finally took the plunge and had my hair straightened using this new treatment my friend Lisa has been raving about. It's a Brazilian Hair Treatment. It's basically a keratin product put in your hair and then it is flat ironed out. It takes a while (almost 2 hours), but the results are insane. I have no frizz at all. My hair is shiny, straight and so easy to do. The bad part of it is that is has formaldehyde in it which when it is ironed in causes fumes that can cause cancer, but at least my hair will look great at my funeral.

No comments: