Saturday, June 7, 2008

Best Party-Hands Down!



Today we celebrated Sophie's 5th birthday with her friends at her party. When trying to figure out where to have her party I wanted to do something different (there are a handful of places in the county to have it..and it's the same thing all the time). Someone told me about Amer's Cafe in Baltimore County and told me how kid friendly it was. We decided to check it out for dinner one night in March to see if the food was good. The place is Mediterranean and pizza. Strange combination, but it works. So we booked Sophie's party after that night. They do a package where the kids make their own pizzas. The place supplies the decorations, cake, ice cream and party favors. This place also has a belly dancer available that can entertain the kids at the party!


Entertain she did. She had scarves, finger cymbals (whatever they are called), tambourines, etc. She even did makeup for the kids.




Sophie loved being princess for the day and all the kids wanting to sit next to her. She settled for her friend and neighbor, Becke and her not-so-secret crush, Aiden. Sophie adores Aiden and the feeling is mutual since Aiden asked Sophie if he can sleep over at our house in her big bed with her.


Sophie and Aiden

The kids had a total blast and the parents loved the party. I may have got them a few referrals!

The best part was Sophie running up to me at the end and hugging me and telling me I'm the best mommy ever and it was the best party ever. I rock. Hopefully she will remember this day when she is 15 and fighting with me about something trivial.

Tomorrow Sophie has a birthday party for one of the girls in her class..and God help me..it is at a huge playground. Oh, and it's going to be 94 degrees out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a erotic belly dancer for a kids party