Saturday, May 24, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake!



Haven't we done this earlier in the week? Oh yeah, we did. Here we are on cake #2. As Marie Antoinette famously said "Let them eat cake!". So the Schorrs do again! Brian's dad and Shelly came down for day to see the kids for their birthdays. So dessert was...cake. And who am I to turn down buttercream.

Speaking of baked goods, how stupid is this..
We are in the supermarket today getting a few things for dinner tonight and Brian ventures into the bakery department. He starts looking through the goods and see a box of a dozen DAY OLD donuts for $1.99. Well, Mr. Genius thinks this is a great deal, since one FRESH donut is 50 cents, so he is saving so much by buying a dozen donuts that he will eat himself. Since every person need their own dozen donuts. (In addition to birthday cake) He got home and ate 2 of them..and I swear he is finishing every last one of those donuts if I have to serve them to him for dinner just to prove my point.






Finally some beautiful weather. The kids got to play outside. We got out the t-ball set and the soccer ball. They loved playing in the sandbox too.






I could not resist this moment to capture on the camera. Mason called me from upstairs to look at his work of art that he did on the easel. A future Picasso.




Happy Memorial Day to all. Sophie asked me what what Memorial Day was this morning and I tried to explain to her the best way I can for a 5 year old. I told her that we remember all the people that protect our country and protect her from bad things. Sometimes those people die while working to protect us. She kept saying that her mom-mom (who passed away last year) and Grandpa and Grandma Shelly's dog were protecting America. Interesting how a five year old pieces things together.

No comments: