Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Carrie Bradshaw I am not.


But, like the Sex and the City heroine, I do adore my shoes. While the value of my shoes don't come nearly as close as the four women in the show, I have quite a collection..some on the pricey side and some that are just damn right bargains.


I got the pictured shoe ten years ago in an indoor flea market in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I was with my 3 girlfriend enjoying some time in Boca Raton before going on a cruise. My girlfriend Beth and I bought these shoes for $5. Let me tell you, this was $5 that was so well spent. They are so light and so comfortable. I have worn these shoes to death, with shorts, capris, in pajamas to run out and get the paper and actually with a dressy dress. They have moved with me to 3 houses and even though I have 4 or 5 other pairs of black sandals..I always turn to these.

So, you can imagine my grief when I discovered that one of the straps have broken off the sandal. You think they could have been better constructed for $5. I'm seriously looking into getting them repaired..although it will probably be 3x as much as my original investment.

If anyone sees these shoes anywhere (in a size 9!)let me know! I don't even know the maker, since it has been long worn off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

size 9 WHOO those are some big feet.