Thursday, May 22, 2008

How long have I lived here?




It will be 6 years this summer since we moved down to Maryland. In that time I've gotten used to being below the Mason-Dixon line. I love being close to Baltimore (even though I miss Philly). We have found more than enough great restaurants and cultural activities to keep us happy.

I've been going to the gym to get my exercise for the last 4 years..same couple machines, same classes and it's been ok. I really do not like exercising, but do it cause I pretty much have to. I have always heard of the Ma and Pa trail in Bel Air and finally checked it out today. It was great! It's basically a 5 mile walking trail that is gravely road in the woods. It was hilly in parts which made my 2 mile walk a little more challenging. What a novelty to walk and actually go somewhere (instead of going round and round on a treadmill. I used to live right by the Wissihickon Park in Philly and it reminded me of the old days.

It was great to be in the fresh air with my iPod, hoefully I can convince some of my friends to join me for a "walk and talk"...to make the time go by even faster.

I can't believe it took me almost 6 years to get there.

No comments: