Monday, July 2, 2007

Swim Like a Fish!






The kids are really enjoying going swimming! I signed Sophie up for private swimming lessons and in the 3 lessons she had she has gained a lot of confidence in the pool. She can blow bubbles, submerge her head, jump in the pool holding someones hand and can float contently in an innertube. I'm sure many of you are thinking "big deal", but this was a kid who was scared to death 2 weeks ago and would barely sit down in the baby pool. I'd pay for 100 more private lessons if I could afford it. But at $25 a lesson, I'll have to settle for what I got. Mason is also having a blast. He will willingly go in the big pool with me, but is much more in his element at the the baby pool, playing with buckets and pool toys.

The best part about the pool is all the sun the kids get and how it knocks them out. I put them down for naps at around 12:30-1:00 and don't hear from them until at least 3:30.

Gearing up for the Fourth of July...we don't have any plans, going to be a lazy day. Hopefully we can catch some fireworks and keep the kids up for them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness look how big they are! Hi Jill this is Stacie- I was Sophie and Mason's teachers at Sweetpea a long while ago! I was in there visiting Ms Kim and Nicholas today, and I was just telling her how much I miss seeing Sophie and Mason, and she told me to go on your site and see how big they are! Aww I miss you guys! Have an awesome summer!