Thursday, July 12, 2007

Four Generations Under One Roof


I had decided that one day this summer I would take the kids up to visit my grandmother in Hazleton, Pennsylvania. She has been able to come down to me the past few years and stay a few days, but she has had bad luck with her feet and legs and can not really move around well. So we decided to bring the mountain to Mohammad. My mom decided to join us for the ride as well. So, on Tuesday (the hottest day of the year) we headed upstate PA. My grandmother does not have central air, so basically I think I sweated off about 10 lbs. Older people are so funny sometimes..my mom and I were begging her to run the fans and the air conditioning units and she told us that she was comfortable and her feet were like ice. No kidding.

Ultimately we won and things cooled down a bit. The kids did great. Sophie slept with my mom in the guest room and Mason slept in my grandmother's room on the floor. I sacked out on the couch. Both the kids slept until almost 8 the next day.

So, we are all home now..the kids are still slleping (8:20 am!) and I'm catching up on my email. No high speed connection at Nana's house!

No comments: