Thursday, August 21, 2008

One Lump or Two?






When you have a child you start thinking of things you want to experience with them as they grow up. For Brian, I'm sure he can't wait to go to a football game with Mason, or share a beer with him (when he is 21 of course!). Having a girl, I have several things on my list of things to do with Sophie. Pedicures and manicures, shopping, the American Girl Store, and going for tea.

Tea by Two is a great tea room in Bel Air that I have been to a few times with my girlfriends. It's cozy and only has about 7 tables. I knew this would be a fun thing to do with Sophie before she heads off to kindergarten this week. Sophie had a great time and the wait staff got a kick out of the little customer they had. The tea room only allows kids 5 year old and up so Sophie was the youngest customer there today. The offer a really cute kids tea which included pb&j finger sandwiches, chocolate chip scones and a teapot shaped cookie. She was able to get lemonade which they served in a teapot. She also loved my cucumber sandwiches as well. Her favorite thing that she tried was lemon curd. She was eating it by the spoonful.

She was very well behaved and really looked like a young lady with her sophisticated new hair cut and her earrings. Although as soon as she came home she begged to change back into her shorts and t-shirt. The girl is really not about the dresses. She really had fun and I'm really forward to starting this as a tradition with her before she heads off to school each year!

No comments: