Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to school we go...






I woke up at 6:30 am this morn to get myself together so I could be ready for the kids and Sophie was already in the hallway completely dressed waiting at the window for the bus. So excited! Her school requires all the kids to wear a baseball cap of a certain color (all classrooms have a different color) so when they got off the bus, the staff can quickly identify the newbies and get them to the right classrooms. She will have to wear it for 3 weeks until everyone knows each other and comfort has set in. It's pretty mind-boggling..8 classrooms with 20 kids a piece..can make for a confusing drop off!

The backpack was ready, the lunch was packed. We were all ready. Brian went in late to work today to see her off on the bus. This was a definate can't miss moment in her life..so we were ready with the camera and the camcorder.

So, the bus rolls up and Sophie steps on the bus and didn't even turn around. I had to yell to her to blow me a kiss goodbye, but she ignored me as she boarded the bus. All my neighbors told me this is exactly what you want her to do..but I still felt jilted. I'm just happy to see her so excited to go to school! The one glitch is the bus had to pull over at the corner to make sure all the kids were seated. I just hope she had a seat before the bus started rolling..I think that would have got her upset!

Later that morning I hosted a "coffee and kleenex" breakfast for all the rookie kindergarten parents in our MOMs club. Suprisingly the coffee ran out, and we didnt really even need the kleenex!

I can't wait for her to come home to hear about her day!

No comments: