Friday, July 18, 2008

Slowly but Surely...

I had decided to put Mason in a pull up in the last couple days so that he can practice pulling his pants up and down in preperation for "Ditch the Diapers" day in August. So, when I put him in it yesterday, I told him he can pull it down if he wants to try the potty. That was at 7:45 am. I picked him up from daycare around 5 and his teachers told me the original pull-up was still on him. Yea!..I thought. Turns out Mason hadn't gone all day. He basically held himself because he refused the potty and did not want to wet the pull-up. Ughhh!!!

I put the pull-up on him again today. Same thing happened when I went to pick him up. I stuck his little potty seat in the middle of my living room, turned on a video and told him to sit on the potty. Low and behold...it took 45 minutes...but success! He peed! He was quite happy about it. He was able to pick a prize and told everyone he saw out for dinner tonight that he peed in the potty.

The icing on the cake was he pooped on the potty tonight as well.

I know we arent home free yet...but I am seeing a shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. I think we still have miles to go. He is so stubborn!

Gearing up for vacation in the next couple weeks. Off to Vermont next weekend and then the beach after that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It will happen. You should check out Lili's new hairdo. Stay in touch and have fun on vacation.
Lynna