Friday, July 25, 2008

How to save $700 a month


Sophie and Ms. Missy

It is the end of an era. Sophie has her last day of daycare today. I still remember carrying her in a carseat to her first daycare provider at 4 months of age. Time has flown and money has been spent! Sophie started off at a home daycare provider, then when we moved to Fallston, we switch to another home provider because of the distance. Sophie was only there 6 months before we were asked not to come back..because Sophie developed major seperation anxiety and she screamed the whole day for us and a combination that Mason was the baby from hell with colic. Obviously we felt that provider did not try hard enough but oh well. I had 1 week to find day care for them before going back to school..I got them in a center quickly..but left there in a year because it went way down hill and was horrible. Sophie's last tour of duty was Stonewall which has been amazing.

We figured since we are going to be on vacation for the next couple weeks, I didnt feel like paying the missed weeks when she only has 3 weeks before starting kindergarten. I figured it is a great time to spend some time together before entering the big bad world of school. I have tons of stuff planned..lots of playdates, pool trips, tea with friends, movies..it will go by quickly.
Mason will still go everyday..they can deal with him!

Sophie had mixed emotions this morning. She was very excited.but a little sad too. This has been her routine for as long as she can remember. We are starting a new chapter. Kindergaten with a school bus. Pass me the tissues.

So..I finally slashed my daycare bill in half. I have an extra $700 in my pocket. What a windfall. Now..will I actually see the savings is yet to be determined.

Sophie and Miss Jessica

Sophie and her Pinnochio Friends

Off to Vermont tomorrow!!!!

No comments: