Friday, November 23, 2007

The Turkey is finished, let the retail madness begin!







Well, Thanksgiving is over. We had my mom and dad down, along with my sister, brother and law and my two nieces. Have you ever stopped to think about how long you spend preparing a Thanksgiving dinner and how long it takes to eat it? Well, with some down time last night I did. I shopped for food for probably 2 hours, got table accessories on my afternoon off, started preparing side dishes the night before and basically did not sit down all of Thanksgiving day (That's with my mom making the turkey and my sister bring the pies..the 2 hardest tasks). We sat down to eat and were finished the main meal in under 40 minutes. Yep. Do the math..it doesn't seem very productive, does it?

All in all, the food was good. The kids were as good as 4 children under the age of six can be. Brooke and Mason were amongst the pickiest of the eaters, but no one walked away hungry.

I went to sleep early last night, thinking I can score some good Black Friday deals and get an early workout at the gym. I was out of my house at 6:00 am, only to discover that the coveted GPS we were thinking of getting flew out of the stores within 5 minutes of opening. I was able to score some good scrap booking supplies at a nice discount. This Black Friday thing is maddening. It is so wild to see no parking at 6:00 in the morning and lines wrapped around the stores. Next year, I'm buying online. I'll still have to wake up early to catch to deals, but at least I can do it from under the covers.

Enjoy the shopping! Although I don't think it can be classified as retail therapy today!

No comments: