Friday, June 15, 2007

No more pencils, no more books...




Well, today was the last day of school. In other words, the last day of my freedom for the next couple months. I decided to keep the kids home with me this summer, unlike summers past. I have to say that I am a little nervous being home with two young kids. Crazy I know. I'm their mother for goodness sakes. But, the last time I was home with them, Mason was an infant with the worst case of colic ever and Sophie was a whiny, clingy 2 year old. So, things have changed considerably.

On my last day of freedom, I went to visit a good friend at the hospital who just had a baby. Oh, the sweetness of a newborn! It almost makes me want another. Almost. I guess I can get my fix by visiting her baby.

It was so bittersweet saying goodbye at Stonewall for the kids. As excited as they are to be home with mom this summer, they will miss their friends and teachers. Mason's teachers had tears in their eyes saying goodbye.

So, as the old song goes..No more pencils, no more books no more teachers dirty looks...
Happy Summer!

No comments: